Cinnamon French Toast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Standing time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes
• 6 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 8 slices country–style white bread, each about 3/4 inch thick
• Canola oil spray
• Confectioners’ sugar
• Maple syrup
1. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Arrange the bread in one layer in a large baking dish and pour the egg mixture over the bread. Let the bread stand for 10 minutes at room temperature, turning the bread occasionally so that all the slices get a chance to sit in the liquid on both sides.
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium–low heat (about 350°F).
3. Brush the cooking grates clean. Tip one slice of bread on its side so that any extra liquid runs off. Spray both sides with the oil and then place on the grill. Repeat with the remaining slices. Grill over direct medium–low heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until firm on both sides and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.
You can access the grocery list for this recipe on your mobile device. timetogrill.mobi.
©2011 Weber–Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Time To Grill by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
More breakfast and brunch ideas:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.