5 household baking soda tips
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is used to help cakes, breads, and cookies to rise. It also has many advantages outside the kitchen. It’s a great deodorizer, antacid, and pain reliever. Here are five benefits of using baking soda to help you get started today!
1. Heartburn: A solution of 1/2 tsp. of baking soda in water can neutralize stomach acids for occasional heartburn.
2. Oral Health: Add two table spoons of baking soda to a glass of warm water for better oral health. Gargling with a baking soda and a warm water solution will relieve sore throat pain.
3. Skin Exfoliation: According to Healthy Communications.com, you can forgo the expensive brands by using baking soda for a natural scrub. Use three parts baking soda to one part water for a paste and apply with your finger tips in a gentle circular motion. Follow with a warm damp washing cloth to remove.
4. First Aid: Make a paste of baking soda and water to relieve sunburn and bug bites. The mix can be used to combat itching caused by chicken pox or a skin rash.
5. Carpet Deodorizer: Got pets? Sprinkle baking soda on the rugs where pets sleep and then vacuum for a quick carpet deodorizer. You can also add baking soda to the cat litter to absorb odors and moisture.
Article courtesy of Beliefnet.com. Beliefnet offers daily inspiration with news articles on faith, religion, politics, health, family entertainment, sustainable living and more.