9 Nifty Places In The World To Drink A Pint
Here, some of the best places to celebrate like an Irishman on St. Patrick’s Day
Many around the world will soon be turning green for a day – Leprechaun green that is! Saluting St. Patty’s Day around the globe, people everywhere are finding that they need little reason to take pleasure in shamrocks, shenanigans, and good old fashioned drinking this March 17.
To celebrate, TripAtlas.com, an online travel trip planning tool, would like to make a toast to the day that makes everyone stand up and yell “Slainte,” by highlighting some of the best places from around the world to party like an Irishman, n’have a wee pint this St. Patty’s Day.
1. Dublin, Ireland – If you’re lucky enough to be in Ireland this St. Patrick’s Day, head on down to the St. Patty’s homeland – Dublin and the Temple Bar district.
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina – Home to the world’s 5th largest Irish population, Buenos Aires will host an all-night, 10-block St. Patty’s Day street party.
3. Toronto, Ontario – Grab a pint at Dora Keogh Irish Pub, watch the CN Tower glow green or observe one of the largest St. Patty’s Day parades in North America.
4. New York, New York – Set to host the 1.5-mile, five-hour long, 250th Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
5. Montserrat (Caribbean) – Dubbed the “Emerald Island of the Caribbean,” this tiny Caribbean hotspot has been known to host an impressive St. Patty’s Day celebration.
6. Montreal, Quebec – Held since 1824, Montreal is birthplace to the longest running St. Patty’s Day parade in Canada.
7. Chicago, Illinois – Showing off their Irish spirit with a green-dyed Chicago River, Chicago is also home to several St. Patty’s Day parades and Irish Parade Family Fest.
8. Munich, Germany – The only German city holding a St. Patrick’s Day parade, this two-kilometre parade is an open-air party with live music and dance performances.
9. Sydney, Australia – Along with the theme ‘Book of Kells,’ this year’s Sydney’s St Patrick’s Day celebrations include a parade and family day fun.
This list was compiled based on a compilation of experiences chosen by TripAtlas.com. For more information, visit www.TripAtlas.com.