Hong Kong: 10 Instagram Moments
- Start by checking in to The Olympian Hotel, walking distance to Olympic Station MTR. Don’t forget to take your free-to-use local phone with you, which also works as a wifi hotspot – a growing trend at hotels in Hong Kong.
2. The decor at the Olympian Hotel Hong Kong includes this beautiful chinoiserie headboard.
3. Snailed it! Garnishes are innovative and unique in Hong Kong’s red-hot cocktail scene. This tipple can be spotted at Skye rooftop bar and restaurant, at the top of The Park Lane Hong Kong hotel.
4. Hong Kong has beautiful food. How to make a tomato a masterpiece three ways, at Skye rooftop bar and restaurant, at the top of The Park Lane Hong Kong hotel.
5. Great outdoors, so close to the city. Burn off some of the foodie calories with a hike up the Dragon’s Back.
6. Spend some time with a Michelin-starred chef, with Canadian roots, to boot. A feast for the eyes at Alvin Leung’s (aka the Demon Chef) three Michelin starred Bo Innovation.
7. More great cuisine, from a Hong Kong-Canadian chef on the rise! Vicky Cheng’s VEA, where the young upstart has already scored his first Michelin star, and where the food is paired with innovative cocktails.
8. Wake up hungry! Take a local food tour. Here scenes from a morning in Sham Shui Po, with Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours.
9. Check in to the Cordis Hotel, the centre of the action and the perfect conduit to the Mong Kok neighbourhood in Kowloon. The Chinese art collection alone is worth the splurge.
10. Finish with – what else? – more food, this time from Italian chef, and now very much a Hong Kong citizen, Umberto Bombana and his three Michelin starred 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo.