Preparation time: 15 minutes
1 package Tenderflake Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
1 cup (250 mL) maple syrup
2/3 cup (150 mL) light cream (5%)
1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
4 tsp (20 mL) vanilla extract
3/4 tsp (3 mL) each salt and ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
2 cups (500 mL) puréed sweet potatoes
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) walnut halves
1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
Maple Whipped Cream:
1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream (35%)
1/4 cup (50 mL) pure maple syrup
1. Defrost pie shells according to package directions and place on baking sheet.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
3. Whisk maple syrup with cream, melted butter, eggs, flour, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. Whisk in sweet potatoes until smooth.
4. Pour filling into pie shells. Bake in preheated oven, on the lowest rack, for 45-55 minutes or until filling is set. Transfer pies to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
5. Combine walnuts and maple syrup in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until nuts are well glazed. Spread nuts in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt. Cool until set. Arrange nuts decoratively around edge of cooled pie.
6. Prepare maple whipped cream by beating whipping cream with maple syrup until very stiff. Dollop onto individual servings and garnish with remaining nuts.
More seasonal recipes are available online at www.tenderflake.com.
Copyright 2014 ZoomerMedia Limited