Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s Middle East plans
Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla will make 50 royal engagements in the Middle East next month.
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall will visit the United Arab Nations, Oman and Bahrain on a seven-day tour between November 5 and November 11.
The royal couple are there to mark the 200th anniversary of communications between Britain and Bahrain.
A royal source has told the Daily Express newspaper that it is not yet known if Charles, 67, will be meeting with the King of Bahrain whilst they are in the area.
Clarence House previously said in a statement: “On behalf of the British Government, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will undertake official visits to the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Sultanate of Oman and the United Arab Emirates in November 2016.
“The tour will help to strengthen the United Kingdom’s warm bilateral relations with key partners in the region.”
But it’s not the first time Charles and Camilla have visited the area.
Just last year, Charles spent time in the UAE and did so beforehand in 2014 along with Bahrain.
He was accompanied by Camilla for a visit to Oman in 2013, and the pair both went to Bahrain and the UAE in February 2007.
Before then, Charles, 67, carried out several solo trips to the region, including visiting Oman and UAE in November 2003 and 2004 respectively.
He first visited Oman in December 1980 and later returned in 1986 when he also went to Bahrain, and three years later the UAE.