Food for Your Eyes
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
Our eyes are so precious. Through them we learn, discover, love, and so much more. Yet some of us neglect them a little! Come on, let’s be honest, when was your last eye exam?
It’s strange, we all think of visiting the dentist once a year, sometimes even twice. But when it comes to the optometrist, we forget about booking an eye exam, especially those of us who don’t currently experience vision changes.
If you do not have any diagnosed health problems, optometrists recommend that you undergo an eye exam every year or two, even if you do not think you have any visual problems. Prevention is always the best solution!
Talking about prevention, another way to prevent eye health problems is through nutrition. That’s right! Scientific research has identified a growing list of nutrients showing eye health promoting properties, such as antioxidants, Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Zinc, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin D and Fiber.
We came up with a quick, easy and most importantly delicious smoothie to brighten your days and fill you up with the right food for our vision!
SMOOTHIE FOR YOUR EYES
A hand full of cut out Cantaloupe
A handful of raspberries
1 tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of orange juice (add more orange juice if you would like to make it sweeter)
Add milk or Almond milk
Put all of the ingredients in the blender and voilà! You’ve got an “eye” healthy smoothie!
Visit iris.ca for more Food for your eyes recipes & eye health tips.
CARP members receive exceptional benefits at IRIS:
- $150 towards any complete pair of prescription eyewear (frame and lenses valued at $250 or more) or prescription sunglasses
- $50 towards the purchase of an annual supply of contact lenses
- $50 towards non-prescription sunglasses valued at $100 or more
- $500 towards vision correction procedures at our ophthalmology clinic in Laval, Quebec
- $25 towards the purchase of 3 or more bottles of Eye Omega Benefits 240 Gel Caps
Register with CARP and receive your IRIS Benefits. Visit www.carp.ca.