5 Ways Healthy Hearing Can Improve Your Life in the New Year
CARP RECOMMENDED PARTNER SPONSORED CONTENT
For many of us, a New Year is a time for new beginnings—a time to prioritize our health. Hearing well plays an important role in that health journey.
There have been tremendous advances in hearing aid technology since your grandparents’ day. Hearing aids can be highly customized to adapt to specific types of hearing loss.
Here are five reasons why getting your hearing tested will lead to a happier, more fulfilling life.
1. You’ll say yes more often: Two people feel badly when you have to say “no” to an invitation. You, and the person doing the asking. Think of how much better you’ll feel when you can embrace new opportunities — and try out that new restaurant everyone’s raving about.
2. No more excuses: It can be difficult to explain why you are isolating yourself. Sometimes you make up reasons not to join friends or family at events. It’s hard for them to understand why, especially since all they want is to spend time with you.
3. You’ll feel more in control of your life: We waste a lot of energy finding ways to cope with awkward situations. It’s better to turn the awkward situation into a positive one. You’ll be glad you’re doing something about your hearing loss — and others will be, too.
4. You can be honest: You’ll stop nodding your head to make people think you understand what they’re saying. Chances are they haven’t been fooled.
5. You can live in the moment: You have the right to feel fully involved in life. Your life. It wears you down to keep saying, “Pardon? Can you repeat that?” The only thing that needs repeating is time spent enjoying the company of others.
CARP members save additional 10% off the regular price or limited-time promotional price of select hearing aids sold at HearingLife and our national affiliated partners, proud sponsors of the Campaign for Better Hearing, and earn up to 2,000 AIR MILES® reward miles with their purchase!