Mango Salsa Recipe
Sunny days call for backyard BBQ’s and patio get togethers. Whether you are the host or a guest, sharing food with friends and family is always a welcome way to spend time. Looking for something different to add to the bounty?
Make an entrance in your sunnies with a show stopping mango salsa in hand. Tangy and sweet, with a touch of heat, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser! It’s the perfect side dish with grilled fish or chicken, or on its own with a bowl of corn chips.
Once you’ve enjoyed this recipe, you’ll find many ways to serve it all year round when you are craving a little sunshine. Great news since this bright, delicious dish is also good for your eyes!
Good eye health starts with a well-balanced diet. Nutrients from the foods you eat help your overall health, but some specifically help your eyes. The ingredients of this salsa are filled with essential nutrients, like Vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin from the mangoes and jalapeños. The red onion contains quercetin, an antioxidant believed to prevent cataracts.
Now, let’s get chopping!
2-3 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
½ cup chopped red onion
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced. You can add more if you like it spicy!
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
¼ cup lime juice
Season to taste
1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
2. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
3. Let the salsa sit for at least 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until it’s time to serve. Lasts up to 2 days in the fridge.
Want to find out more about nutrients for your eyes? Read our blog here.
Did you know CARP members receive exclusive offers at IRIS?
- $150 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of eyeglasses or sunglasses including a frame (such as custom tailored Topology frames) and a pair of fully coated prescription lenses (lens value minimum value of $250)
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of a pair of fully coated progressive lenses for your current frames (minimum value of $250)
- $25 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of a pair of fully coated single vision lenses for your current frames (minimum value of $250)
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of non-prescription sunglasses valued at $100 or more.
- $50 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable towards the purchase of annual supply of contact lenses.
- $250 IRIS Certificate: Redeemable for laser eye surgery both eyes or $250 per eye for specific intraocular lens replacement. (Available at our Ophthalmology Clinic in Laval, Quebec only)
Register with CARP and receive your IRIS Benefits. Visit www.carp.ca.