Top 10 Reasons to Book a Guided Tour with Collette
Let’s face it: Guided travel has a bit of a stigma. Does it make you think of large groups of people, being herded from one attraction to the next, just barely skimming the surface of their destination? Or rigid itineraries with no room to wander off on your own? If so, it’s time to do some myth-busting.
Here are some of the reasons why guided travel is a great way to see the world:
1. You’ll relax more and worry less. It can be hard to enjoy the present moment when you’re worried about navigating a foreign public transportation system, communicating effectively despite language barriers, or feeling confused about cultural differences. When you travel guided, you’ve got experienced pros to help you along the way, so you can enjoy the moment.
2. You’ll get an authentic experience. Our Tour Managers can help you experience things you might not otherwise have access to. Like getting to know a local family in Jaipur when they invite you into their kitchen for a homecooked meal. Or participating in a weaving workshop while visiting a traditional Quechua community in Peru.
3. You’ll save money. Big time. On hotels, transportation, events, meals, and more. That’s because we get the best deals in the industry and pass them down to our travellers.
4. Your money will go further. Our tour designers are time management professionals — they have years of experience creating tours that perfectly balance culturally enriching experiences with more low-key ways to relax and soak it all in. Guided travel allows you to do, see, and experience more than you would on your own.
5. You’ll make more friends. People often tell us that their favourite part of touring with Collette is the people they meet along the way, from locals who make them feel at home, to fellow travellers who become lifelong friends.
6. You’ll step out of your comfort zone. For many of us, it can be tempting to take the path of least resistance when travelling. On a group tour, you’re more likely to try new things. Why? Because new things are the path of least resistance when you book with us.
7. You’ll save time. If you’ve ever planned a trip yourself, you know how time-consuming it can be. Booking hotels, figuring out transportation, and researching ticket prices can add up to hours of research, especially if you’re travelling abroad. With guided travel, book the tour that suits you best, and we’ll handle the rest.
8. You’ll be surprised by the convenience and the flexibility. Private airport transfers? Hassle-free booking? Yes please. Six different travel styles to choose from, plus optional excursions and trip extensions? Yes, yes, and yes.
9. You’ll get travel protection. When you book with Collette you can purchase our travel protection plan allowing you the flexibility to cancel at any time up to 24 hours before your departure date and get your money back (minus the cost of the plan). For any reason, on any tour, no questions asked.
10. You’ll have more peace of mind. In addition to world-class Tour Managers and unique travel experiences, going guided with Collette means a strengthened commitment to responsible travel. Our tour designers are always looking for ways to travel more responsibly, whether that means choosing restaurants that serve locally sourced food, or partnering with nonprofits to ensure that your visit generates sustainable economic and social benefits for the community.
Ready to go on a guided tour? Book now! CARP members save an additional $100 per person off any tour — combinable with all other retail offers. See gocollette.com/carp to learn how to save.