Jerk chicken is a spicy main dish that goes well with rice and peas, coleslaw, or seasonal vegetables. You can also whip up a quick tropical salsa as a condiment to carry on with the island theme.
- 1 whole chicken cut in quarters (skin on)
- 2 tbsp Walkers Wood Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 whole lemon or lime
- Wash the chicken in lemon or lime, then pat dry
- In a bowl, add the olive oil and jerk seasoning to the chicken. Mix well.
- Marinate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Put chicken in oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on hot grill for another 20-30 minutes, skin side down.
- If necessary, base the chicken with the leftover marinade while on the grill.
- Remove from grill and serve.
A version of this story was published on July 9, 2019