Feel Better, For Less: How a Premier Care Walk-in Bath Can Wash Away Aches and Pains
You don’t have to spend oodles of money on fancy spa treatments for a little rest and relaxation. A warm bath in the comfort of your own home can provide all the reinvigoration your body craves.
But did you know that a bath can offer a whole host of health benefits? From body detoxification to relief of back pain, soaking in a tub may provide many of the same physical perks as exercise, massage and medication.
Here’s why a walk-in bathtub, twenty minutes and soothing oils is all it takes to help your body battle everyday ailments such as pain and stress.
1. Bye, bye back pain. Studies show that 80 percent of Canadians will suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives. Fortunately, hydrotherapy can help. Premier Care’s signature Hydrovescent Therapy system works by filling bath water with soothing air bubbles. Gentler on the skin than water, these air bubbles can alleviate lower back pain by stimulating touch receptors on your skin, elevating blood circulation and releasing tension in your muscles.
2. Give your knees a break. Whether it’s arthritis or everyday wear and tear, your knees always bear the brunt. But while a regular bathtub can add to this burden by requiring you to step in and out, Premier Care’s powered baths feature a swivel chair that gently lowers and lifts the bather in and out of the bathtub with the press of a button.
3. Relax your muscles. Arthritis, minor aches and stiffness can significantly impact your quality of life. But why suffer when 15 minutes in a warm bath can relieve pain and reduce inflammation by increasing the blood supply to your aching joints. And while it won’t make you a yogi, the buoyancy of water can help relax muscles and improve flexibility. In fact, Premier Care’s walk-in baths and showers are the first to be commended by the Arthritis Foundation as easier to use for people with arthritis.
4. Beauty skin deep. These chilly winter months can have a disastrous impact on your body’s largest organ – your skin. However, by adding bath oils such as lavender to your soaking session, you can soothe and nourish your dry skin.
5. Get some zzzz’s. Forget about counting sheep. A soothing bath before bedtime can increase your body temperature, enhancing your ability to fall asleep faster, according to the National Sleep Foundation.
6. Detox. You don’t have to be living next-door to a mineral hot spring to detoxify your body. Simply add 1 to 3 cups of Epsom salts to your bath, and soak for at least 20 minutes to draw out toxins through your pores.
7. Combat colds. Feeling a bit under the weather? Add eucalyptus oil to your bath the moment you feel a cold or flu coming. That’s because this aromatic bath treatment can stimulate and help relieve sinuses. Moreover, warm water can act as a humidifier which, when combined with eucalyptus oil, can help open your nasal passages for easy breathing.
Common colds, muscle pain and stress are the realities of an active lifestyle. But you don’t have to schedule a spa day to feel better. Thanks to Premier Care, you can select from a wide range of walk-in baths that can be customized to fit almost any space – and soothe a wide variety of minor aches and pains.
To select the right walk-in bathtub for your personal health and wellness needs, please call us Toll Free at or visit us at www.Walk-inBathtubs.ca.