Almond Butter Crunch Cookies
1 cup (500 mL) creamy almond butter
1/2 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
1 cup (500 mL) light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp ( 2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (250 mL) diced roasted almonds
– Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl, cream together almond butter, butter, brown sugar, egg and almond extract until light and fluffy.
– In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour into creamed mixture slowly until well blended. Stir in diced almonds. Dough will be very crumbly; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mintues to firm up.
– Form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet; flatten with a fork creating cross hatch pattern.
– Bake 12-15 minutes. until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack. When cool, store in airtight container.
Nutritional analysis per cookie; makes about 50 cookies.
Calories: 80, Fibre: less than 1 g, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 9 mg, Sat Fat: 1.4 g, Sodium: 37 mg, Mono Fat: 2.6 g, Calcium: 20 mg, Poly Fat: 0.8 g, Magnesium: 19 mg, Protein: 1 g, Potassium: 62 mg, Carb: 8 g, Vitamin E: 1.2 mg*
* total alpha-tocopherol equivalents
More holiday recipes can be found online at www.AlmondBoard.com.
Next delicious cookie idea: Honey makes a sweet addition to these flavourful drops