Ryza Sweet Quinoa Porridge
Yields 2– 1 cup (250 mL) portions
3/4 cup (175 mL) Ryza original or vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) water
3/4 cup (175 mL) quinoa, rinsed
3 tbsp (50 mL) maple syrup (optional)
2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax seed
1 tbsp (15 mL) hemp hearts
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
fresh fruit for topping
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
2. Bring water, rice milk and salt to a boil.
3. Stir in drained quinoa, bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and let simmer in a covered pot for 12–14 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked with some firmness still remaining.
4. Turn heat off. Add ground flax seeds, cinnamon and maple syrup, and let stand covered for another 5 minutes – the porridge should be moist but not too wet, add more rice milk if it is too dry.
5. Serve warm topped with hemp hearts and fresh fruit.
More great recipes can be found online at www.ryza.ca.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.
More whole grain goodness:
Pear Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Main Dish Cherry Quinoa
Mexican Skillet Rice
Maple Walnut Rice Cakes
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.