Honey Pecan Cupcakes
(NC)—Everybody loves cupcakes. Perfect for a party or to satisfy that sweet tooth, the kids will love to decorate their own. Try substituting plain margarine or butter with Derlea’s new honey pecan spread – it’s trans-fat free and adds authentic flavour.
And, here’s some great news you can feel good about: Derlea will donate 50 cents for every new spread purchased in Canada to Spread the Net, a Canadian organization that provides bed nets to families in Africa to prevent malaria. So, you can spread some flavour and save lives, too.
All You Need:
1/3 cup Derlea honey pecan spread
1 1/4 cups all purpose white flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
All You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin plan with paper cupcake cups. Sift or mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a bowl mix Derlea honey pecan spread and white sugar until its well mixed. Add a whisked egg and milk, and then mix well.
3. Add flour mixture a little at a time while mixing. Beat well.
4. Fill paper cupcake cups 2/3 of the way with batter.
5. Bake oven at 350° for 19-21 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
6. Top with icing. (Try substituting Derlea honey pecan spread in any margarine/butter- based icing.)
You can find more easy recipes and coupons online at www.derlea.com.
More dessert ideas:
Watermelon Pie a la Mode
Cherry Vanilla Slab Pie
Perfect Peaches and Cream Tart
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate Meringues with Citrus Raspberry Curd
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.