Honey Pecan Cupcakes
(NC)—Everybody loves cupcakes. Perfect for a party or to satisfy that sweet tooth, the kids will love to decorate their own. Try substituting plain margarine or butter with Derlea’s new honey pecan spread – it’s trans-fat free and adds authentic flavour.
And, here’s some great news you can feel good about: Derlea will donate 50 cents for every new spread purchased in Canada to Spread the Net, a Canadian organization that provides bed nets to families in Africa to prevent malaria. So, you can spread some flavour and save lives, too.
All You Need:
1/3 cup Derlea honey pecan spread
1 1/4 cups all purpose white flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
All You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin plan with paper cupcake cups. Sift or mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a bowl mix Derlea honey pecan spread and white sugar until its well mixed. Add a whisked egg and milk, and then mix well.
3. Add flour mixture a little at a time while mixing. Beat well.
4. Fill paper cupcake cups 2/3 of the way with batter.
5. Bake oven at 350° for 19-21 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
6. Top with icing. (Try substituting Derlea honey pecan spread in any margarine/butter- based icing.)
You can find more easy recipes and coupons online at www.derlea.com.
More dessert ideas:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.
Have you tried this recipe or have a cooking tip for other readers? Share it in the comments below.