MARGARITA ISLAND HERE WE COME!
When looking to rent this winter in the tropics, the following come to mind immediately: climate, affordability, safety, friendliness of the locals, culture and lastly, things you can do to stay active.
Why should you come to Margarita and rent with us?
- If you are looking for a home away from home then look no further! This hidden jewel, located between Trinidad and Aruba, 38 Kms off the coast of Venezuela will give you all that you wish for to make your winter vacation a memorable experience. Six hours’ flight to Caracas and 35 minute flight to the island. We will receive you at the airport.
- VILLA NIRVANA – This Canadian run and owned villa is located at the North East end of the island facing the Caribbean Sea and has a constant unpolluted sea breeze. Lie in a hammock and dream away!
- Apartment– Your one-bedroom, fully furnished apartment (US $850 a month/or US $300 a week) on the second floor of the villa has a walkout to a wide, 40 foot long delightful terrace, overlooking the garden and pool. The apartment is air conditioned and has satellite TV and high-speed internet. Linen is provided.
- Kitchen – Fully equipped with full-sized fridge, gas stove/oven, microwave, toaster and coffee maker.
- Laundry – Facilities on the premises.
- Security – Safe area. The property has a perimeter wall with an electric fence.
- Pool and Garden – A small pool surrounded by a garden. Place to cool off and be one with nature!
- Taxi Stand – Across from the villa.
- Best Location – 5 minute walk to the local secluded beach or 15 minute walk (or 3 minute taxi ride) to Playa el Agua beach (best beach on the island).
- Supermarket – 10 minute taxi ride.
- Bus – Going from Manzanillo village to Porlamar (the main city) costs under a dollar.
PLAYA el AGUA – 2.5Km long tourist beach is the best beach on the island – white sand with numerous restaurants and bars where a seafood dinner costs under $12 and a beer is only a dollar!
Other nearby beaches include Playa Manzanillo, a fishing village in a bay.
WHY MARGARITA ISLAND
Isla de Margarita is a hidden jewel in the Caribbean. Located between Trinidad in the east and Aruba in the west, this semi-arid 950km sq. island with relatively dry climate is ideal — not humid like Miami! The dryness means no mosquitos or flies as you enjoy the sea breeze sitting in the garden or by the pool enjoying the bright star-studded night sky!
- Large Caribbean island – you won’t feel claustrophobic.
- Has 400 years of Spanish settlement history and places to see.
- It is safe and people are friendly — I feel safer on the island than I do in Toronto! You won’t find any beggars, either. The island has a Latin beat and people are easygoing, manana is a common expression!
- Medical care is very affordable, most costs are less than the OHIP Schedule.
- Best roads in any Caribbean island.
- Multiple, beautiful sandy beaches.
- Relatively dry climate — unlike Florida!
- This duty free island has excellent shopping!
- Due to its devalued currency it is affordable, in fact cheap! A dollar goes a long way –our gas is 4 cents a litre and you can get 36 bottles of beer for $12.
- Taxis are cheap, buses are even cheaper — it is under a dollar ride from the villa to Porlamar. Buses are clean and very safe.
PORLAMAR – the city: