Tune in to the New Classical FM Radiothon!
Tune in to the 1st Annual New Classical FM Radiothon on Thursday, November 27th (10am -3pm) in support of Toronto General and Western Hospital Foundation, part of University Health Network. Host Bill Anderson of “Bill’s Classical Jukebox” will be playing your favourites and sharing inspirational stories from patients, doctors and scientists at UHN.
“As our society ages so does the need for the innovation and excellence in research, treatment and care that Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation supports. CARP is pleased to be a partner and encourages our members to contribute in any way they can to Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation’s important work.”
– Ross Mayot (Vice President & General Manager, CARP Canada)
To make your donation, please visit: www.giveuhn.ca. Thanks to the continued generosity of our donors, UHN makes life-saving care possible.
Throughout the day Bill Anderson will be chatting with patients and staff as they relay their stories of courage. Some of the medical areas you will hear about are Transplant, Heart Health, Brain Surgery, Sleep Tips, Osteoporosis, Mental Health and Diabetes.
Stories to be featured include:
- Sarah Gorsline and Alita Malinowski’s transformative journey through UHN’s Living Liver Donor Program, the largest program of its kind in North America; heart failure patient,
- Al Dickstein, who credits Heart Transplant specialist Dr. Heather Ross for instilling in him the desire to live again;
- Whitney Goulstone, who, at the lowest point in her life, turned to Dr. Taufik Valiante and the Epilepsy Program and began a new chapter in her family’s life thanks to a specialized brain surgery.
All funds raised through the New Classical Radiothon will support research, education and the enhancement of patient care across UHN.
Numerous UHN staff and CARP volunteers will be manning the telephones and greeting donors in the McEwen Atrium. We hope to hear from you!
And remember, every little bit counts! All donors will be entered into a promotional draw for one of the following two prizes:
A 5-night trip for two to the AAA-5 Diamond and Rainforest Alliance Verified Fairmont Mayakoba in Riviera Maya, Mexico, which includes:
- Round trip economy class airfare
- Five nights in a Signature Casita room for two adults
- Daily buffet breakfast for two adults
- On-property boat tour
- Non-motorized watersports (on property)
- For more information about Fairmont Mayakoba, visit: http://bit.ly/UHNFairmont
1 of 5 pairs of tickets for two for Tarragon Theatre’s production “Waiting Room” written by Emmy-nominated playwright Diane Flacks
- In theatre: January 6 – February 15, 2015
- For more information, visit: tarragontheatre.com
University Health Network is a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has the largest hospital-based research program in Canada, with major research in cardiology, transplantation, neurosciences, oncology, surgical innovation, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and rehabilitation medicine.
Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as for their respective research arms, Toronto General Research Institute and Toronto Western Research Institute.