All you can do with a cellphone
Of course, making phone calls remains the most important feature of your cellphone. But, good news – you could do much more! Indeed, most of the features listed below are built-in features available on most Zoomer Wireless cellphones:
- Text messages: Keep in touch with short text messages that you could
send to your relatives spread across Canada, or even abroad as many Zoomer Wireless plans include national and international text sent from Canada!
- Pictures: Take pictures and keep those precious memories on your phone. Receive and share pictures with your relatives using MMS.
- Videos: Record the special events in your life with the built-in camera of your phone.
- Alarm: Set up daily reminders for yourself to never lose track of what you have to do.
- Calculator and clock are often included.
Do Even More, with a Smartphone
Easy-to-use and affordable.
With a smartphone, you can keep everything you care about with you, everywhere. Smartphones have access to app stores, where a numerous number of apps (small computer programs that runs on smartphones) are available for download. With apps, you can receive updates or interact with the topics of your choice, at the tip of your fingers. And most of them are free. Some features require a connection to a Wi-Fi network or data on your phone, in order to be used or on the go.
- Internet: Browse the internet and check your favourite websites, search on Google, and buy things online!
- Email and instant messaging: Something important left in your inbox? Access your inbox when you are away or on the go.
- Instant messaging: New instant messaging apps as Viber can let you stay in touch with your relatives.
- GPS: Whether you are travelling a great deal or lost in a new neighbourhood, a GPS app like Google Maps can help you find your way.
- Social Media: Stay up-to-date with your family, your community, with news and much more with apps such as Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.
A Great Smartphone to Start
If you are looking for a smartphone with a big and bright touch screen, advanced features as a high definition camera and access to maps, music and more, the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE1 is for you.
Starting at $36/month**, the Samsung Core1 is powered by Android 4.4 (KitKat) and has an Easy Mode. When activated, it configures your Home screen with a simpler layout and bigger icons that provides an easier experience for new smartphone users. You can also download apps from the Play Store and enjoy everything you need, to keep you connected, in one device!
Here are 3 Apps for Seniors that we like:
- For News:CBC News Mobile App from Canadian Broadcasting Association – Have access to the latest local, national and international news, high quality photos and video, and breaking news as it happens.
- For Health: WebMD for Android – Helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings.
- For Deals: Flipp – Save on your groceries! Flipp delivers Weekly Ads to your fingertips. Build your shopping list with products you can find on stores around you.
If you aren’t sure about which phone to pick, check our Cellphone Buying Guide. Or, talk with a dedicated live agent today at 1-888-632-1529.
When you start with Zoomer Wireless, the SIM Card is free, no activation fee applies and no commitment is required. Visit www.zoomerwireless.ca for more information.
Zoomer Wireless provides affordable cellphones with voice, text and data plans, and home phone to seniors across Canada. Zoomer Wireless offers reliable national network coverage, a 30-day money-back guarantee* and the ease of monitoring your wireless usage with My Account. Zoomer Wireless is wireless made simple!
Call a live agent today at 1-888-632-1529, or visit www.zoomerwireless.ca for more information.
*Some conditions apply, call for details.
**10% off plan fees, and the annual cost of CARP membership dues, Zoomer Magazine subscription and $5 CARP Chapter donation are available with a 1 or 2 year service agreement, and provided for as long as you are a Zoomer Wireless customer. For customers who currently have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start upon expiration of existing CARP membership. For customers who do not have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start immediately upon signup with the Zoomer Wireless program. Split the $50 referral credit offer is valid for new activations only. To retain the credit, the referrer and friend (referee) must be subscribed for at least 30 days, or the credit will be reversed.
1Device pricing varies by term. A minimum monthly rate plan and data charge of $40/month or more applies to the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, and $32/month or more applies to the ZTE GrandTM† X Plus. A minimum monthly rate plan of $25/month or more applies to the Huawei Y536 .
CBC News, Canadian Broadcasters Association, Web MD and Flipp are the property of their respective owners.