Four Recipes from Top Chef Contestant Tiffany Derry
Click through each page for recipes from Tiffany Derry executive chef at Go Fish Ocean Club in Dallas, Texas.
Red and Gold Beet with Ashed Chevreaux
10 yellow beets, about 2 ¼ inches in diameter
10 red beets
1 qt beet juice
¼ Cup red wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil for roasting beets
1lb Ashed Chevreaux, or any other ashed goat cheese at room temperature, cut into small 1oz portions
8 oz micro beet greens
Large package of water crackers
Crispy Pork Salad
Pork Salad Dressing
1 cup champagne vinegar
2 birds eye chilies
1tsp red pepper flakes
2tbls basil, chopped
2tbls mint, chopped
2 tbls cilantro, chopped
Sprinkle salt and pepper
1 tbls fish sauce
1 ½ c olive oil
Whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
10 lbs Pork Belly
Chinese 5 spice
1. Sprinkle generously on all sides of pork.
2. Simmer pork until tender. Will take about 2 hours.
3. Remove, cool and cut into large dice and reserve.
Striped Bass “Jerk,” Yams and Cabbage
10lbs fresh striped bass filets, skin on
3 tb allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
5 cloves garlic
2 bunches cilantro
¼ cup ginger
½ cup soy
2 bunches parsley
1 cup packed basil
½ cup packed mint
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, Caramel Cardamom Ice Cream
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
4.5 tsp honey
12 oz. butter, room temperature
1.5 tsp dark rum
3 cups light brown sugar
1 tb salt
1 tb vanilla extract
3ea pineapple, small chunks
1. Cream everything together and press into pan.
2. Press pineapple into sugar mixture.
4 cups cake flour, sift
6 tsp. baking powder
12oz. butter, room temperature
1.5 cup sugar
1.6 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups milk
1. Cream butter and sugar mixture together. Add everything together except for milk and eggs.
2. Add eggs in one at a time, and then milk.
3. Pour batter over pineapples.
4. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked.