Your Daily Dish: Honey-Baked Coconut Shrimp
Take a bigger bite out of life! Every day is a holiday with BiteMeMore.com.
National Honey Bee Day
This recipe for Honey-Baked Coconut Shrimp – juicy coconut-coated, golden-baked shrimp dipped in a sweet apricot sauce – will leave your friends and family abuzz, excited by these sweet bites.
1/2 cup honey
11/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
26 large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Apricot Dipping Sauce
2 /3 cup apricot jam
3 tbsp Heinz chili sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the shrimp, pour honey in a medium bowl and warm on high in the microwave, 20-25 seconds.
- On a large plate, combine panko, coconut, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Taking shrimp one at a time, dip in honey and then coat in coconut mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 14 minutes, gently flipping shrimp halfway through baking.
- For the sauce, place jam in a medium bowl. Warm in the microwave for 45 seconds. Add chili sauce and Dijon mustard, stirring to combine. Serve with baked coconut shrimp.
For more sticky sweet honey, try our Honey-Baked Granola
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.