Your Daily Dish: Balsamic Chicken
Tired of looking for the perfect, dependable, crowd-pleasing chicken recipe? Search no further than this Balsamic Chicken, a juicy, breadcrumb and Parmesan-coated chicken that is topped with a dark beauty-of-a-sauce, a balsamic sauce that includes sweet peppers, plump raisins and toasted slivered almonds.
1/4 cup flour
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tsp olive oil
2 large red bell peppers, sliced into strips
2 large green peppers, sliced into strips
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, for topping
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Place flour in a shallow dish. Put egg whites in a separate bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a third dish. Dust chicken with flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg whites and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
3) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Sauté the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
4) For the sauce, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red and green peppers and sauté for 8 minutes. Add raisins and stir for 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing 1-2 minutes, coating the peppers.
5) To serve, slice chicken and top with balsamic sauce and toasted almonds.
Bite Me Bit: “I could have sexual chemistry with vinegar.”-Jessica Alba
Keep the balsamic vinegar out and roast up these Sweet Balsamic Carrots, carrots that become caramelized and tender.
Whether it’s cruising the aisles at the Dollar Store or experimenting at the stove, we believe that every day can be a holiday.
More on EverythingZoomer.com