DISH UP: Cooking with Coconut Oil
It’s become very popular and for very good reason, it’s an extremely healthy ingredient.
Fried Plantain with Coconut Oil
1 large ripe plantain
2 Tbsp coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Peel the plantain and slice into ¼” thick rounds.
2. Heat the coconut oil on high heat and place the plantain in the pan. Fry until golden brown 3-4 minutes and then turn over and do the same on the other side.
3. Take the plantain out of the pan and place on a paper towel to blot any excess oil. Place on a plate and sprinkle with salt.
4. To maximize your time while your plantain is frying give yourself a beauty treatment by putting the coconut oil on your cuticles, skin and hair.
Rum and coconut water
1 oz. rum
1 wedge lime
2 leaves of mint
1. Fill a glass with ice.
2. Add 1 oz. of your favourite rum and fill the remainder of the glass with coconut water. Add the lime and mint and stir.