Recipe: Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread
Photo: Bite Me More
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need fresh cut flowers or a fresh coat of paint to sell your house. Heck, you don ‘t even need a real estate agent. The homey aroma of this cake-like loaf is the ultimate welcome mat—once buyers catch the irresistible scents of spicy cinnamon and bread baking, their olfactory euphoria will blind them to any leaky faucet or drafty corner.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp melted butter
1) Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the batter, in an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt just until moistened and the flour has disappeared.
3) For the cinnamon swirl, in a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
4) Spoon half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Pour remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar and drizzle with melted butter.
5) Place the loaf pan on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any drippings. Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
Julie Albert & Lisa Gnat are thrilled to announce the launch of their newest cookbook, Lick Your Plate. It has received rave reviews and features over 160 recipes that are foolproof and fantastic. It’s a fresh and fun cookbook perfect for the home cook and also serves up over 100 drool-worthy recipe images, countless tips and tricks, meal pairings, and leftover suggestions. On shelves now, buy your copy online.