Beauty: Expert Tips for How to Do a Smoky Eye
How to create this sultry, sophisticated and sexy makeup look in five easy steps.
It’s one of the most requested makeup applications: the smoky eye. A versatile look that is sultry, sophisticated and sexy all at once, the smoky eye can sometimes be tricky to execute even for the most experienced makeup fan. We spoke to Melissa Gibson, Senior Artist at MAC Cosmetics to get her tips for creating, a simple, gorgeous smoky eye.
1. Apply a cream eyeliner to the eyelid to act as a base, then use a small eyeshadow brush to soften the edges–blending up and out so that it fades into the skin tone.
2. Use the same technique as above (in a smaller fashion) under the eye as well.
3. Apply a dark eyeshadow in a similar tone right over top using small circular motions. A product a slight amount of sheen gives dimension to the look.
4. Add a pop of a silvery eyeshadow on top.
5. With a black eyeliner, rim the inside of the eye. Finish with a few coats of mascara.
Products used in this tutorial:
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, $19; MAC eye kohl in Smoulder, $19; MAC eye shadow in Black Tide; $19; MAC eye shadow in Silver Ring; $19. Available at maccosmetics.com. Follow Melissa on Twitter @MAC_Melissa_G