Almond Fresh Fudge Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting
(NC)—This easy chocolate cake is rich and dense, and surprisingly easy to make. More great recipes can be found online at www.almond–fresh.com.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
3/4 cup (180 mL) unsweetened cocoa
2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups (440 mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) strong freshly brewed coffee
1 cup (250 mL) Almond Fresh vanilla
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) white vinegar
3 1/2 cups (875 mL) confectioners’ sugar, sifted roughly
2/3 cups (160 mL) cocoa
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp (4 mL) pure almond extract
4 to 5 tbsp (60 to 75 mL) Almond Fresh vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and line the base of a 10” round cake pan with baking paper.
3. Sieve dry ingredients and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Pour into pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched (45–60 minutes).
6. Cool and frost.
1. Sift together confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl mix together butter, vanilla extract, almond extract, and a third of dry ingredients. Add additional third of dry ingredients with 2tbsp (30 mL) Almond Fresh and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Add last third of dry ingredients and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of remaining Almond Fresh and mix until thoroughly incorporated. If frosting is too stiff add an extra tbsp of Almond Fresh.
More perfect finishes:
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.