Almond Fresh Berry Trifle
(NC)—Take advantage of summer’s berry bounty and assemble this super easy dessert. For more great recipes, visit www.almond–fresh.com.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 cups (500 mL) Almond Fresh vanilla
1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
2 wide strips orange peel
1 pinch salt
3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
1 tbsp (15 mL) orange liqueur (optional)
1/2 small store bought angel food cake
2 cups (500 mL) mixture fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and sliced strawberries
1. Simmer over medium heat: 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) Almond Fresh, honey, orange peels and salt.
2. To remaining Almond Fresh, whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir into heating mixtures.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir/simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in orange liqueur.
4. Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
5. Just before serving, slice angel food cake into 1” cubes.
6. Into parfait or large wine glasses, layer with 1/2 cup (125 mL) cake, 1/2 cup (125 mL) berries and 1/2 c (125 mL) pudding. Repeat.
7. Garnish with fresh berries and serve.
More perfect finishes:
Chocolate cake with raspberries
Kellogg’s All-Bran Peach and Raspberry Crisp
Glazed Apple-Ricotta Tarts
Plus see what else is cooking in our in recipes archive.