Who’s the fairest in the land?
Attractions Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Tourism have selected the province’s six attractions and events for a national competition that will choose the country’s top tourist draws. Provincial finalists in Attractions Canada’s second annual tourism competition will compete for national prizes and could be crowned the Canadian winner in one of six categories: best outdoor site, indoor site, cultural event, sports event, new attraction and international attraction.
In the meantime, the list provides a good selection of premier Ontario attractions for both tourists and residents. There are both familiar names and some newcomers in the list of Ontario winners:
- Outdoor site: Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Botanical Gardens
- Indoor site: Timescape Exhibition, Ontario Science Centre
- Cultural event: The Niagara Grape and Wine Festival
The Niagara Wine Festival
- Sports event: FIVB – Labatt Blue Toronto Open
Labatt Blue Toronto Opena>
- New attraction: Kanata Traditional Village in Brantford
Kanata Traditional Village
- National or international attraction: Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village