It's In You to Fight Cancer
If you or a loved one is facing a cancer diagnosis, we want you to know:
IT'S IN ALL OF US TO FIGHT CANCER.Download this list of key questions to ask your doctor to ensure treatment decisions are right for you, considering your cancer situation and overall health but also your personal values and life goals. One of the best ways to fight cancer is with information to help you prevent this disease, discover it as quickly as possible if it does occur and to then know about your treatment options so you can work with your doctor to make the choices that are best for you. This ZOOMER web resource has been created so that you can learn more about cancer and cancer care, and also understand the challenges facing our health system so that we can all get the best possible care if we need it. The page has been updated with all-new content that keeps on top of the latest developments in cancer care and treatment. New resources include:
- Diagnosed with cancer? Is someone missing from your care team?
- Information on lung cancer screening
- Colorectal Cancer: What you need to know and do to help achieve the best outcome
- Three cancers every woman should know about
- Recording of Nov. 1st webinar on lung cancer
- Recording of Dec. 8th webinar on shared-decision making in cancer care
- More than skin deep: the path from diagnosis to treatment for Canadians with melanoma
- Kidney cancer: what you need to know about a serious cancer that gets too little attention
- The Canadian Cancer Care Recovery Project: it’s time to take some of the same dynamic thinking used to fight COVID-19 and apply it to our biggest longstanding health issue: cancer
- Screening programs are key to early detection of cancers – and they are making a difference!
- Immunotherapy – The New ‘Fourth Pillar’ of Cancer Treatment
- How Are We Fighting Cancer During the Pandemic?
- How Can We Tame Cancer’s Biggest Killer?
- Cancer Above the Shoulders – Don’t Shrug it Off!
- Can our Health System Manage the Cancer Onslaught?
- Fight Back interview with Libby Znaimer and Medical Oncologist Dr. Paul Wheatly-Price on cancer immunotherapy
- Fight Back interview with Libby Znaimer and cancer survivor and patient advocate Kathy Barnard on empowering cancer patients to self-advocate.
- Zoomer Week in Review with Libby Znaimer and Medical Oncologist Dr. Sharlene Gill on cancer during COVID-19
- Expert panel on COVID-19 and cancer hosted by Libby Znaimer on theZoomer
- Expert panel on Immunotherapy hosted by Libby Znaimer on theZoomerListen and watch here!