It's In You to Fight Cancer
If you or a loved one is facing a cancer diagnosis, we want you to know that it’s in all of us to fight cancer. One of the best ways to start doing that is with information to help you prevent cancer, discover it as quickly as possible if it does occur and to then know about your treatment options so you can work with your doctor to make the choices that are best for you. There are a lot of positive developments that are helping us prevent more cancers as well as leading to more accurate and earlier diagnoses. There are also new types of treatments that are giving hope in certain cancers where there wasn’t much hope before. This Zoomer page has been created so that you can learn more about cancer and cancer care, and also understand the challenges facing our health system so that we can all get the best possible cancer care if we need it. Here’s an overview of our five-round bout:
- Round 1: Immunotherapy – The New ‘Fourth Pillar’ of Cancer Treatment
- Round 2: How Are We Fighting Cancer During the Pandemic?
- Round 3: How Can We Tame Cancer’s Biggest Killer?
- Round 4: Cancer Above the Shoulders – Don’t Shrug it Off!
- Round 5: Can our Health System Manage the Cancer Onslaught?
- Fight Back interview with Libby Znaimer and Medical Oncologist Dr. Paul Wheatly-Price on immunotherapy
- Fight Back interview with Libby Znaimer and cancer survivor and patient advocate Kathy Barnard on empowering cancer patients to self-advocate.
- Zoomer Week in Review with Libby Znaimer and Medical Oncologist Dr. Sharlene Gill on cancer during COVID-19
- Expert panel on COVID-19 and cancer hosted by Libby Znaimer on theZoomer
- Expert panel on Immunotherapy hosted by Libby Znaimer on theZoomer
Just remember — it’s in all of us to fight cancer!